Skip to content


NWN: Sea Cave Tileset Improvement

I have been doing some work assembling art assets for the new Vives project. The first task was to put together a collection of the tilesets and placeables which builders will need. One of my favorite tilesets is the Sea Cave tileset, but I felt that it needed a roof. I set to finding an expedient solution to this today. Continued…

Posted in Workshop.

Tagged with , .


Just when I thought I was out…

Vives Title

they pull me back in.

 

Continued…

Posted in News.

Tagged with , .


Resizable Div In Javascript

     Today I made a babystep towards implementing an editor for my tile based game. Its not much, but I figured out how to code a movable and resizable div in javascript. Give it a try below:

Continued…

Posted in Workshop.

Tagged with , .


Following my A* Routine to Ondřej’s ROT

     I have spent a few days working on pathfinding routines, and was unsuccessful on my own until I found Ondřej’s ROguelike Toolkit in JavaScript. (ROT incidentally is the namespace he uses in this project.) After playing with Ondřej’s pathfinding code, I now properly understand how A* works. I am also impressed by the structure of his project, so I have begun using it as a reference while I put together my framework of scripts for Grecian Urn. Thank you, Ondřej!

By the way, TILES is now the name for the framework, since this is for a tile based game. “Grecian Urn” describes a particular aesthetic I want to achieve someday in a game, but the more I explore this tile based game, the less I think it is appropriate for the original vision. At this point, I think it would be better to design Grecian Urn as a side scroller showing characters in profile rather than a top down grid. But since I am already creating a framework for a tile based game, I might as well finish it.

Continued…

Posted in Workshop.

Tagged with , , , .


Grecian Urn – Stylized Tiles

 

 

I have made progress on the Grecian Urn game. The images above show the new look I am going for. Try it out for yourself.
Continued…

Posted in Workshop.

Tagged with , .


Playing with JavaScript

Grecian Urn - Screen Shot

      This is a screenshot of a tile based maze running game that I wrote in JavaScript back in 1998 as a prototype to explore what I could do with a 7×7 mosaic of tiles, and image swapping code. Recently I revisited it and decided to rewrite this project to take advantage of HTML 5, and the Canvas element.

If you have a browser that supports the canvas element, you can see what I have done so far. The original is available for comparison, and works in browsers all the way back to Netscape 3.

Continued…

Posted in Workshop.

Tagged with , , .


Dalek Modelling


Continued…

Posted in Workshop.

Tagged with , .